Emily Videtto: Hi! I am Emily Videtto, Executive Director of Residential Roofing at GAF. Today, I'm going to explain the top roofing danger signals to be aware of1. Leakage in your attic after heavy rain, that's a sign that your shingle underlayment might be faulty or there could be a problem with your roof flashing.
2. Blistering or peeling of your interior or exterior paint that could be due to excessive temperatures or high humidity in your attic which means that your Attic Ventilation is an inadequate. Attic ventilation is a key part of a new roofing systems.
3. Stains on interior ceilings and walls or mold and mildew growth, that's a sign that your shingle underlayment might be faulty or you could inadequate Attic Ventilation.
4. Missing cracked or curling shingles could mean that your shingles have reached the end of their useful life.
5. Excessive energy costs, those could be due Inadequate Attic Ventilation which causes your heating and cooling system to run excessively.
6. Dark dirty looking areas on your roof that can be cause by environmental pollutants, vegetation, fungus or algae growth or if you're shingles are old it can be sue to a loss of the granules that protect the shingle and give it it's color.
7. Roof shingles sheaving and siding decay, each of these items can be caused by poor attic ventilation.
So if you see any of these key danger signals it's definitely time to call a professional roofing contractor to diagnose the problem, before it leads to serious damage to your home.