How do I claim my tax credits?

    Published: 06-16-2009
    Views: 10,167
    Goodman & Company Tax Director Art Auerbach shows how to claim tax credits.

    Host: How do I claim my tax credits?

    Arthur Auerbach: You claim your tax credits generally on Page 2 of form 1040. Some of the credits require an additional form to be filed. So Child Care credit would be form 2441. Foreign tax credit would be form 1116. There is a form in the 8000 series to claim the Education credits. The Health credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit. So depending upon what the credit is, there maybe more filing than just entering a number on the tax form.