What documents will I need to travel?

    Published: 06-16-2009
    Views: 12,148
    Travel agent Melinda Webb discusses how to plan a honeymoon, including what documents you will need to travel.

    Host: What documents will I need to travel?

    Melinda Webb: Your documents will really be determined by your destination. Of course, if you are traveling in the U.


    , if you are traveling Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, U.

    S. Virgin Islands and seeing one, any of the U.

    S. territories then you don't need a passport. You just need a Government issued photo I.


    If you are going outside of that then you will need a passport and starting in June 2008 if you are cruising, you are going to need a passport. So, at this point of time I just tell everybody just get a passport. It is much easier to travel with. It expires after 10 years; it costs like $90 to do that. So, you are looking $9 a year. You really can't afford not to have it and it's just better to be prepared. Another thing that we will look at depending on the country of your choice, visas will be required. A lot of destinations, you can purchase your visas when you arrive at the airport but if you have ever got off a plane and see a line for visas you know that it's just much better to go ahead and get that in advance. We assist you with that every step of the way that's why we are having a travel professional comes in because we can prearrange visas for you. So, you just have to look at the destination and the requirements but everybody should have a passport.