What if I don’t have a highschool diploma?

    Published: 06-16-2009
    Views: 15,224
    Prison Consultant Ed Bales explains how you are required to enroll in high school classes in prison if you do not have a diploma or GED.

    Ed Bales

    Ed Bales is the Managing Director of Federal Prison Consultants, LLC. He has 25 years of related experience. He was a Practice Administrator for a law practice for many years and has developed cutting edge strategies to assist Defendants, Inmates and Attorneys with pre and post sentencing strategies and Federal and State prison advocacy. He has been featured on National and International Broadcasts for both Television and Radio. He is also referenced in several books and Nationally based newspapers as a noted Prison Expert.


    Federal Prison Consultants, LLC is a full service Federal and State prison and sentencing consulting and advocacy firm. The combined experience on staff contains over 200 years of Criminal Justice, Paralegal, Psychological and Advocate experience.

    Host: What if I don't have a high school diploma?

    Ed Bales: Today it's critical to either have documented that you have gone to high school and you have gotten a high school diploma or that you have gotten a GED. If you have not had either of those two, you need to immediately enroll once you go into prison. Today many prison systems including the Federal system will not give you good time or allow you to access certain programs, if you do not leave the facility with a high school diploma or GED.